We recommend that you fix a dental crown if you have a weak/broken tooth. It is recommended to use a dental crown to cover and support a tooth with large fillings when there is not a lot of teeth left.
At TAG Dental we provide different tooth coloured crown made from porcelain or Zirconia. Depending on your needs, our friendly and experienced dentist at TAG Dental will recommend the type of crown and if a temporary or a permanent one should be used.
How does dental crown works?
Before our dentist can make a dental crown, we will reduce the size of your tooth (or teeth) so that it will fit over it properly. This step will be done under local anaesthetic. We will create an exact
A temporary crown will be placed over your affected areas during our production and replaced with the permanent one when ready.
What happens next?
On your second visit, our dentist will remove the temporary crown to check the colour and match it on your permanent crown. The permanent crown will then cemented in place under local anaesthetic to numb the tooth.
Final Results and How to I take care of it.
On average, your local crown will last between 5 to 15 years. During this period, we recommend that you take good care of your crown by practising good oral hygiene and personal mouth-related habits.
Taking care of your dental crown will make it last longer. While a crowned tooth does not require any special care, you should:
- Avoid sticky and chew food when using the temporary crown
- Minimise the use of the affected areas when using the crown
- Be extra careful when flossing your teeth
- Practice good oral hygiene, including brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing it daily.
- Avoid bad mouth-related habits including chewing ice, biting fingernails and grinding your tooth (or teeth)